If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (210) 757-0275

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Space Heaters Can Burn Homes Down In Bexar County

11/13/2019 (Permalink)

Space heaters can be extremely dangerous to your San Antonio home!

As temperatures drop here along central Texas more and more people turn to those tiny little space heaters to help provide some extra warmth around the house.

There are two main types of portable space heaters, electric, and gas. The gas heaters should not be used indoors because they can emit harmful carbon monoxide. Electric heaters are not toxic but still pose a serious fire risk if handled unsafely.

*** Here are a few tips to make sure you are staying warm and safe when the weather gets cold.

  • Electric heaters should be plugged directly into the wall outlet. If an extension cord is necessary, use the shortest possible heavy-duty cord of 14-gauge wire or larger. Always check and follow any manufacturer’s instructions pertaining to the use of extension cords.
  • Buy a unit with a tip-over safety switch, which automatically shuts off the heater if the unit is tipped over.

If you do suffer from fire damage this winter please call SERVPRO right away! For more information or to set an appointment fell free to contact us at 210-757-0275 or at https://www.SERVPROeastsanantonio.com/

Other News

View Recent Posts